Saint-Saëns Organ Album
arranged by Martin Setchell
This is a wonderful collection of popular and some less well-known pieces. It contains three movements from The Carnival of the Animals, the slow movement and the famous Maestoso section from the 'Organ' Symphony (No. 3), the meltingly beautiful aria 'Softly awakes my heart' from the opera Samson and Delilah, the opening section of the Danse Macabre, and several other pieces illustrating the range of Saint-Saëns' compositional style.
All the pieces are immensely playable and have been chosen to suit the needs of both church and concert organists. The volume is available from all good music shops and from OUP directly online.
The Saint-Saëns volume contains:
- Three pieces from The Carnival of the Animals: The Elephant, The Cuckoo, The Swan
- Danse Macabre
- Organ Symphony No. 3: Poco Adagio, Maestoso
- O Salutaris hostia, from Mass Op. 4
- Prelude: Pastorale in the style of J. S. Bach, from The Christmas Oratorio
- Prelude to The Flood
- Softly awakes my heart, from Samson and Delilah
When the site is PUBLISHED the content background will stretch full height